Developing Your Career eBook
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT represents the IT profession and all those who
work in it. Since 1957 we have been championing the needs of IT practitioners as
they laid the foundations for the industry we work in today.
We can give you professional recognition for your achievements and guide you towards
tomorrow's goals and even greater rewards.
Discuss, debate or just listen - our 70,000 strong membership community has a lot
to say about the technology that powers our society.
Your personal information
We recognise that your privacy is important to you.
We will use the information you give us to provide BCS services to you, conduct
market research and advise you about other products or services which maybe of interest
Your information will be kept securely and we will not disclose this to any third
parties without your permission, unless we are required or permitted by law or other
For full details about our data protection and privacy policies please visit our
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The Registrars Department, 1st
Floor, Block D, North Star House, North Star Avenue, Swindon. SN2 1FA.
How would you like to receive this information pack?
What you can receive from BCS membership
- Industry leading post nominal letters to signify professionalism (AMBCS, MBCS and
- A structured career path to Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status
Career development services
- Browse SFIAplus - Free access to the IT skills, training and development standard
widely used in the UK and beyond
- Career advice and support
- Job search and advice
Networking opportunities and events
- BCS currently has over 40 branches in the UK, more than 15 international sections
and over 45 specialist groups
- Many events held by, or in conjunction with, BCS including The Turing Lecture, The
Lovelace Lecture, President's Dinner, IM Awards, IT Professional Awards and many
Free information and research services
- Free access to Books 24x7 - This library transforms the industry's most authoritative
reference content into an interactive, web based, problem solving and instant learning
- Access to a huge range of IT related academic journals and magazines from our internationally
recognised supplier, EBSCO
- Up to 3 high level IT research reports per month from Forrester, the independent
technology and market research company
- eBCS - Free weekly and monthly news e-bulletins available on a variety of topics
- 6 Editions a year of ITNOW magazine - The magazine from BCS for the IT professional
- Digital Computing - All members are eligible to receive a copy delivered directly
to their desktop
- Free legal advice service for BCS members available 24x7, providing personal legal
advice on subjects including UK Family, Employment, Consumer and Property Law
- Discounts off professional indemnity insurance from various providers
- Software discounts from leading suppliers
- Free Members' Email Forwarding Facility (email@example.com) with optional spam
filter - maintain consistent contact details throughout your career
Please enter your address in the fields below